Summary of Today’s Podcast
You may think Season 17 just got started, but if you want to become a champion debater, you need to think ahead to Season 18. It will be here before you know it, and the best way to excel is to come to Training Minds Camp.
Training Minds Ministry is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization whose goal is to train young people for academic competition. Its primary contribution to the speech and debate community has been the camps it runs. We’ve been all over the country since 2001 — in California, Texas, Idaho, Oregon, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Minnesota, Florida, North and South Carolina, Virginia, New Hampshire and Vermont. We have coached thousands of students over the years, and we’re proud to say we have several top-ranking national champs in our list of alumni.
In fact, the coaches you hear each week on the Monument Publishing Podcast are the same coaches we bring with us to camp. Their sessions are recorded and leaked out every week throughout the year as the main content of the Monument Publishing Podcast. You can consider Training Minds Camp your way of “bingeing” the podcast.
But in reality, the Training Minds Camp is your way to experience personal coaching in a beautiful mountain atmosphere. In this podcast, Chris Jeub explains five major reasons that going to camp is your best way to excel in Season 18. In summary:
- Head Start. The resolutions will be available for NCFCA and Stoa by the time camp starts. You will arrive at camp and receive the “August Addenda” hot off the press, the first in the nation to view it!
- Return on Investment. Consider what our alumni are enjoying. Many who have gone on to win national are enjoying literally thousands in scholarships alone. This says nothing of what the opportunities their competitive success opened up.
- Incredible Price. Camp costs $500 plus $50 materials fee. This may seem like a lot, but it includes three nights and four days on the beautiful campus of the Ponderosa Camp and Conference Center in Larkspur, Colorado. All meals and lodging are included. Also, several discounts may apply: (a) early bird registration before April 30 saves 20%, (b) parents and coaches are half off $250, (c) large families of more than 2 students receive 10% off total cost, and (d) we have a fundraising option that allows half of the tuition to be raised as nonprofit donations.
- Credibility. The Training Minds Camp helps kick off the year, but it is actually only a fraction of how Training Minds assists students all the way through the competitive season. Its coaches continue throughout the year to coach students on a contractural basis, and they contribute to Monument Publishing membership releases, too. They ends the year with the Nationals Intensive Training Camp, a camp specifically focused on the national tournament. All this to say: Training Minds campers are primed all the way to the end!
- Beyond. It is no secret that we are training you to be a champion debater, and our record speaks to our success. But there is a deeper reason for the training than just awards: We believe you are training for real-world impact. Read our testimonies on our website and you will see how incredibly life-changing Training Minds Camp is!
If you are one that wants to make the next competitive season the best it can possibly be, you will want to kick it off right. See you at camp!
Remember, EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION expires 4/30/17. Save $100 (students) or $50 (parent/coaches) and secure your spot for camp. REGISTER HERE.